Thursday, August 2, 2012

his demise

Incognito in my dark shades
I can't bare to show my green eyes
Bloodshot veins feed into the black hole
I rise
I fall
I stumble back up on my feet again
And each scrape reminds me
I’m here again
My mind reminds me it’s only me again
My spirit slowly melts away
Master of my own mutiny
Inventor of my solitude
Duchess of my privacy
Rationing my creativity
That way when they come for me
I will have something left for imagery
Because the black hole
Near my green eyes
Has replaced all vibrant hopes
With lies
Pristine
Clean
And serene
I compose myself and leave this daydream
With my hands behind my back
I walk with my head down
Behind this clown they call a man
Because of a man they called a clown
An ego bruised before its prime
Time is unnecessary now
Eyes wide shut as they condemn a spirit
That was once so very sound
Pristine
Clean
And serene
Is how he left this world
So different from that from whence he came
A spirit again, once so carefree
Suddenly immensely tame
Leaving the rest
Incoherently mundane
Incognito in my dark shades
I can't bare to show my green eyes
Bloodshot veins feed into the black hole
I rise,
Simply to fall, finally to my demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment