Thursday, August 2, 2012

eyes and ears

Eyes closed

Ears open
I can hear them as they prey on my faults
Knocking my legs from under me
I become diseased with a loss of stability
They mock me
Prod me and poke me
Pick my atmosphere apart openly
Seducing me, factiously
As I sit so solemnly
With my eyes closed
And my ears open
Contemplating
Sincerely hoping
Creative masses
Masking me
Continue on
Tempting me
You’ll see
One day these few fools will generate mutiny
Hypothetically speaking,
Murder to the 1st degree
Forging onwards and upwards
Eventually posting over me
While alone I cower
Because everyone else has aborted this feat
Trust me
While we stood so strong for so long
These chumps have climbed all over
While we became the foundation
They became the snowcap on the mountain
So now I sit here
Numbing the pain
With my eyes closed
And my hands over my ears
I wallow in my own remorse for my kind
Waiting for the floor to crumble under them
Waiting in fear

No comments:

Post a Comment